Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The Candy Corn Skirt


A month ago or so, I was walking through Joann's -as I all too often do - and I came across this: Candy Corn Pom Pom Fringe...instantly I knew I had to make something with it. I left the fringe at the store but kept thinking about it, so I knew that I "needed" to go back and get it! At some point, the idea of a Candy Corn skirt came to me.  So, I went back to Joann's and stocked up on the pom pom fringe along with orange fabric (that I think looks an awful lot like pumpkins) and some yellow gingham.   I have made more than a couple "even" tiered skirts so I wanted to do something a little different this time -- enter the angled tiers.  I love them! Originally, I thought I'd put another layer of fringe along the bottom but after getting the other two tiers in there, I thought it might be overkill to have even more fringe, so I left it off. I like it, but what do you think? More pom poms? Just enough?


I actually made up my own pattern this time -- with my assistant, and we are quite pleased with the results.


A couple more pictures of the happy model ... now when I get back into town, I am making #2 her very own skirt & we are heading back to the pumpkin patch. :-)








svs signature
Pin It

2 comments:

Mark, Shannon,Trey, Boston, & Lola said...

OMG the cutest skirt ever!!!! I LOVE it!!!!

Anonymous said...

oh how i surely love that model and glad that i was there at the time of the crafting and planning of this skirt. yeah!!!!!!! yes, she is a dear as is her mother

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...