Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Look What I Found!

I haven't talked much about thrifting lately.  Well, I haven't talked much about anything lately.  I started a new job and it's been eating up my time and energy.  However, I did hit 7 Goodwills and 1 Savers on Sunday with my friends Jan and Gail.  This was by far my favorite purchase of the day:
How cool is this coat?  It's a vintage Astrakin by Lepshire faux lamb's wool swing coat with a mink collar.  It was made in France so la-di-da!  I'm going to be one fancy mademoiselle!
The coat is in excellent  condition; it looks brand new.  There are gaiters in the sleeves to keep the wind out.  It's a 3/4 sleeve so I can show off my full length gloves when I go to the opera (which I've only done once in my life and that was in July, but I like to be prepared for these things).
The detail is incredible.  It's the kind of thing where you look at it and say, "They don't make 'em like this any more."  Even the buttons are incredible.

I paid a lot for this coat.  A whopping $45!  It was worth every penny. 


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...