Friday, December 17, 2010

Gingerbread House


It's a funny time of year for crafters I think, especially those of us who like to blog what we make! We are crafting away, but unable to share because the projects are surprises, right?

Well that's me anyway ... between here on S vs S, and Christmas gifts - it is busy!

One extremely shortcut thing we made the other day was a gingerbread house w/ an $8 kit from Target. Once I got it home, I starting wondering whether this was too ambitious of a project, but just rolled with it. What the heck. I did put the house together and squirted on the icing, then let the girls decide to decorate it or eat it. They decorated a little: the front and roof look good, but I think they mostly ate: the sides and back are completely bare!
On another note, has anyone been able to find little gumdrops for sale? I haven't been able to find them!

sara sig Pin It

3 comments:

Sara vs. Sarah said...

The side that got finished is adorable (so are the girls eating the candy).

upatreecupatea said...

Gingerbread houses are one of my favorite things about the holiday season. We have a competition at my parents house every year, it turns into a whole gingerbread village! :)

- Jo

Sara B. said...

jo- that sounds like so much fun! i may even snag that idea from you, for a couple of years from now (right now, the competition would probably be who can eat the most candy first!). have a great christmas & give lance a squeeze for me. :-) Sara

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...