Sunday, December 19, 2010

Virtual Advent Calendar Day 19: Tissue Paper & Transpancy Ornaments

6 Days Left Until Christmas!

Tissue paper and transparencies are surrounded with a pink pipe cleaner.
Can you believe there are only 6 days left?  These fun ornaments are transparent so they catch the light from the sun during the day, and from the Christmas tree lights at night.

Today's craft is inspired by the 1972 edition of "The McCall's Book of Handicrafts."
Tissue paper and wire jewelry.
When I saw this, I was reminded of the tissue paper stained glass ornaments I made as a kid.  That involved glue tissue paper to wax paper and surrounding it with a pipe cleaner.  For my updated version, I decided to using a printed transparency with a tissue paper backing.


Materials Needed:
  • Printable transparency sheets
  • Tissue paper
  • Pipe cleaners
  • Spray adhesive
  • Glue (I used Fabritac)
Instructions:

Step 1:  Print your images on a transparency sheet.  I got my images from the great blog Free Pretty Things for You.

Step 2:  Using spray adhesive, glue your transparency sheet to a sheet of tissue paper.  I used a silvery tissue paper and glued the transparency sheet on the dull side.  You may want to iron your tissue paper before doing this!  Use a cool iron with no steam to do this.

Step 3:  Glue your pipe cleaners around the image.

Step 4:  Cut out your ornament, punch a hole at the top, and use a piece of cording for a hanger.

These would make great gift tags, too!  

The final countdown is upon us! Woo-hoo!  See you tomorrow for Day 20.

 

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...