Thursday, February 17, 2011

Quilt and Quilt Camp


I work for a community college which is having a scholarship fundraiser that will feature a silent auction of donated gift baskets.  I was asked if I would make a quilt for one of the baskets.  Well, I went one step further by making a baby quilt, two matching bibs, two matching burp clothes and the cutest little bunny you ever did see (I guess that five steps further).  

The bunny was a featured project on a great blog called All Sorts.  You can find the tutorial here.  The quilt pattern is called Charming Stars and I found the pattern on Moda Bake Shop.   The MBS pattern was for a larger quilt so I used only nine blocks to get the right size for my baby quilt.

I made this all this at quilt camp.  I love quilt camp.  We go to Bear Cabin Inn in Show Low, AZ and are treated like queens by the owner Carol.  Carol is a quilter herself and built her inn to cater to quilters.  Basically, that means two things:  lots of workspace and lots of good food.

Here we are enjoying a yummy breakfast.  At or first breakfast, Carol (top left corner) gave me about 12 strips of bacon.  Man, I love Carol.
The camp dog Maggie is making sure my feet don't get cold.
I love quilt camp because I get to hang with my crafty peeps, because I have no obligations to meet for the time we are there, because I learn from my friends and mostly because the entire time is devoted to creativity.  If there is a heaven, I think it will be an awful lot like quilt camp.
Pin It

2 comments:

Sara B. said...

I 'heart' quilt camp and I've never even been - here's hoping it works out in June! :-)

Terry said...

I love it too and will probably be missing June, rats! Nice photo's Sarah!:-) The quilt looks great when finished and I agree it's the cutest little bunny around! We sure had fun!

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...