Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Can of Worms


Warning - picture overload! So recently, I bought some pants for my daughter and loved them so much. I looked at them for a while and thought, I bet I can make those. So I gave it a whirl.

It worked! And now I've opened a can of worms in realizing that I can re-create storebought pants! Now that I understand the basic construction of pants, I get it. There are 5 pieces: 2 front pieces, 2 back pieces & a waistband.



Apparently the new thing is to twirl w/ your tongue out! My daughter loves these pants too ... no fussing to put these on. :) AND no fussing to take pictures! Yay.


Finally, those big ruffles. They are awesome & huge. I made tubes of the ruffles and attached it to the already completed pants. Next time I'm thinking about adding them "flat" while the pants are still "flat." I think it'd be easier, but I don't know if it would look as good.



I used bright teal thread to serge the bottom hem and am so pleased with the turnout. I've noticed my serging on a single layer of fabric looks best when that fabric is on the thicker side. This fabric is a cotton/spandex blend from Girl Charlee.



sara sig
Pin It

1 comment:

cre8ivesky said...

So cute!!! Dang, those huge ruffles make me wish I had a girl! My niece may have to be the recipient of a pair of these if I can pull it off too :) You rock, as always! :) Excited to see both of your Halloween entries, btw :)

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...