Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Labor Day Efforts - Headway on the Jewel Box Quilt

I hope everyone had a good long weekend.   I know mine was great.  I worked my tail off around the house for the first two days and accomplished a lot.  That, of course, means I earned a day of rest which I spent at the sewing machine, naturally.
Notice anything weird about this photo?  Ya, the dog is sleeping next to, not on the blocks.  That never happens.
I wrote about cutting the pieces for a jewel box quilt here.  I began the sewing this weekend!  I have no particular plans for this quilt so its size will be determined by when I get tired of making blocks.  I love working like this.

Here's a peak at my plastic shoebox of 2 inch squares.  I've been cutting and collecting these for a long time and this is the perfect project to put them to use.


This is an easy block to make since it is comprised of two 4-patches and two half square triangles.  I can chain piece mindlessly while listening to the radio.  This is going to be a relaxing project.

There's not much else to tell you right now.  I just wanted to give you a quick update on my progress.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...