Tuesday, January 24, 2012

I'm Back!

It’s been over a month since you’ve seen a post from Sara or me.  We’ve been on a sabbatical—holidays and busy lives just got in the way.  But things are settling down for me so I’m stepping back into the ring.  For now, there will be no challenges, but I hope that I can keep up with the crafty posting.

With that said, I am digging deep to find some craftiness to put in this post.  Frankly, there’s not a lot I’ve done in the last month.  It’s shameful!  Does anyone else feel like the long winter days make them less inclined to want to do anything creative?  That’s where I’ve been.  I get home from work, park my butt on the sofa and watch mindless hours of Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman.  I love Dr. Quinn.  I own the complete series on DVD and watch the whole thing every winter around this time.  I’ve just learned to accept this and I hope you can accept it, too.

Back to crafting . . .  thank goodness, the days are slowly getting longer and my maker-mojo seems to be reemerging.

So here’s a brief recap of what I’ve been up to in the last month, working backwards.  Recently, I’ve made the acquaintance of Felicity of the Crafty Modern blog (you should check it out, if you haven’t already).  Well, Felicity invited me to join her and her friends for a Valentine making party.  Paper crafting isn’t my forte, but here’s what I came up with:


You can read more about it on Crafty Modern right here.

Check out my new-used fancy-pants quilting frame:

Nice, huh?  I assembled it the week after Christmas, which I had off from work which was awesome.  This set-up is sweet for quilting.  Here’s the first quilt I quilted on it: 

I finished the quilt top last summer.  Now, let’s see how long it takes me to bind it!  These things don’t happen quickly around here.

I knitted this pair of socks (I had to do something watching all those hours of Dr. Quinn):
 
I bought the skein of grey wool, but the colored stripes were leftovers from projects handed down to me from Denise, the very same Denise who is always giving me her scraps.  In other words, it only cost me about $6 to make these socks.  Excellent!  I love wearing my wooly socks in the winter even though I live in Arizona and it’s not cold.

When Sara and I left you hanging back in December, we were supposed to post our glitter crafts for our last challenge.  I did manage to finish mine. 

It was a Christmas-y project—again, obviously—in aqua and pink like all my Christmas stuff was this year.  It’s made on these mini-canvases that you can get on sale at the craft store for about a buck.  When I saw them, I had to buy them because they were so cute.  I had no idea at the time they would become this Christmas decoration.

In between all that, I managed to make some new flannel pajama pants and a shower curtain, neither of which I can adequately photograph.  You’ll just have to take my word for it.  The flannel jammie bottoms are what I wore while watching Dr. Quinn and knitting.  I think cozy pajamas are a requirement for watching bad TV.

It’s dawning on me that I really haven’t been resting on my laurels as much as I thought I have been.   

What have you guys been up to?
Pin It

4 comments:

Beth@seasonsofhome said...

I love your valentines. I have to make a valentines day quilt block and I love that phrase, "lovely in love"

Terri said...

So wonderful that you are back!!! I was wondering where you'd gone.

I, too, love Dr.Quinn... don't have any recordings or DVD's to watch. Why do they always take off the really good shows? Must be in favor of the sex and violence.

Love your new toy!!! I'm just turning green here. I haven't room in my house. Even the livingroom has no space. Love the quilt you finished off with it. Drunkards Path is my favorite pattern. Did you sew the circular parts on the machine. I know some do, but I have always sewn that part by hand... then the straight a way I sew by machine. (I'm a control freak.)

So it turns out that you were quite busy during your break... You know we'd love to see you more. Shorties are goodies!

I've been making Harry Potter quilt blocks over on my blog. Come on by - leave a comment.

Glad you are baaaack!
Hugs!

Noah liam said...

Great job on this article! I'm intrigued with your thoughts on this subject as well as your writing skills. I like it when I can tell a writer has poured him/herself into an article. CBD Display Box

Amanda said...

REMARKABLE PRINTING: custom pizza boxes wholesale .com is preferred because of its high-tech digital and offset printing. We strive hard to make sure that all our finished products are unrivaled in quality and design.

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...