Monday, September 6, 2010

Planning Night & Sarah's Famous ...


Friday night, Sarah & I got together for some blog planning; this always = a great time! She even knows how to keep my kids happy ... she has taken to bringing them new Thomas the Train things when they will be around. (They LOVE that!) And thank you so much Sarah ...

We (the competitors) also had fun after the little ones were down ... by indulging in Sarah's Famous (yes, I think they are worthy of that title) Mint Chocolate Chip Grasshopper Martinis. If you even remotely like mint chocolate chip, stop what you're doing and write down this recipe. And on your next get together, make these:


  • 2 parts Creme de Cacao

  • 2 parts Creme de Menthe

  • 1 part Vodka

  • Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream (Sara's favorite = Breyers's, just nothing like it)

  • Peppermint Patties for extra goodness (garnish)
Mix the booze in a shaker with ice; put a giant scoop of ice cream in a martini glass; pour the cocktail over the top; stick a peppermint pattie on top and drink up! Blog planning is oh so fun with these!


Enjoy!

svs signature Pin It

6 comments:

Terry said...

You know I've had one of those famous drinks of hers and you are right, they are amazing !

Sara B. said...

Yep, they're good. Would you think less of me if I admitted I've made a single serving before? Alone? Yeah, I love them that much.

Suzzy said...

I think Sarah and I pretty much lived on these things for two days in July. So good!

Sarah said...

Glad to contribute to your delinquency!

Jessica Chism said...

My mouth just watered reading that recipe!

Sarah said...

If you need to know, I discovered tonight that you can use half creme de menthe and half chocolate vodka to make these. This experiment was based on an inability to find creme de cacao.

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...