Anyway ... as I was
I ransacked the stash for some coordinating greens, Timtex, and scrap string. About an hour later, I came away with this .. and there is NO SEWING involved!
|the shamrocks spruce up this corner a little ...|
This little ditty is reversible ...the Timtex I had is fusible on both sides (is all Timtex that way? I don't know...) so I went ahead and covered both sides of the shamrocks with fabrics . I used my exacto blade to make two vertical slits in the top of each shamrock and "threaded" with w/ some scrap string (I think this is something that some gifted PJs were wrapped in).
|the "back" ... see more of the string|
|the "front" ... see less sting (please excuse my air vent that is creeping into the pic)|
I've moved this garland 3 times (mantle, doorway, and now above a window). The doorway would be cool b/c you could see both sides, but I think it's gonna hang out above the window for the next couple days.
I like how it turned out; I've got my issues with Timtex (that's another post) but as far as NO SEW projects go ...it's pretty cool!
|you can see here the "depth" that Timtex adds .. .these shamrocks are thick!|