Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Challenge No. 18 Submission - Ribbon Flowers

For our 18th Challenge, I present the Ribbon Flower Bouquet! Each flower is made from grosgain ribbon, florist tape & cloth stem wire - easy peasy.


I adore these little vases (or anything on the tiny side, really). A good friend gave them to me a couple of years ago for my b'day and I managed to keep "real" flowers living in them for a while, but eventually they died. Given the fact that the flowers I couldn't keep alive were pathos (which allegedly anyone can grow), I am opting for "fake" flowers that may last a little longer.

How did I come up with ribbon flowers for this? I'll tell you. I work in a law firm - a place you may not normally think of as particularly crafty. BUT - ours is different! I've roped one co-workers into taking my quilting class with me, one avidly follows the blog & offers her idea for projects, and our newest addition is a SUPER crafty lady! We are having quite the hard time in getting any work done these days.

Add caption


so if anyone has tips for getting rid of those "stains" inside the vases, I am all ears!


The new girl's mother published a book years ago (it's called Collectable Dolls by Anne Dougal) - she made these little dolls that were wildly successful. Part of the doll making book is about accessories for dolls - including ribbon flowers! When I was mentioning this challenge, she brought a copy of her mother's book in for me, AND her entire box of ribbon!

i love a girl who labels things ... :)


Woo-hoo! During tonight's episode of The Good Wife (oh my goodness ...is Alicia going to find out?!?!) I whipped up a handful of these flowers. I like them ... if you do vote, give them a VOTE! :)

where they sit ...our board that holds cards / announcements and such ...
sara sig Pin It

4 comments:

jana said...

Try white vinegar and baking soda on those stains...

luluvision said...

I've been wanting to try ribbon flowers! I say, don't try to get the stains out, cover them up! Have you tried alcohol inks?

Sara vs. Sarah said...

jana - thanks! i'll give that a try! :)
-sara

Sara vs. Sarah said...

lulu vision ... i've never tried alcohol inks before(and actually gonna have to google that! is it just another ink like for stamping?). Anyway - thanks for the idea! :)
-sara

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...