Thursday, April 28, 2011

Pieced Jersey Dresses & Happy (belated) Easter!


I don't know how I've missed it before, but I've recently discovered this blog and really like alot of their stuff! Particularly, their Tutorial for Basic Pieced Jersey  Dress. These are SO easy to make and an excellent way to use up old shirts or knit items - I love a good refashion!


I decided that my girls just had to have a couple, so I went digging through my ridiculously obscene "recycle" pile and came away with the green, purple, pink & orange stripes. Then I hit up their closets to find identical tank tops I didn't mind cutting ... I settled on the grey American Apparel ones (I LOVE their tanks!).

I cut all the pieces for both dresses, and THEN sewed all the pieces ... I find it's faster that way. The tutorial explains the process precisely, so check it out! The only change I made was to use a tank top vs. onesie (for the obvious reason). ;)

These pictures are from Easter and despite my best attempts and begging, I could not get really good pics of the girls together (or even facing the camera) ... ha!


We had a very fun Easter day - some of our good friends came over for brunch and then all SIX of our girls hunted for eggs in the backyard. Speaking of brunch, I made this quiche and it was to die for. I tripled the bacon, omitted the mushrooms (yuck!) and used "italian blend cheese" vs. swiss (because I am lazy and I can never find pre-grated swiss). It was delicious - I'll be making again.

You can see (in the above pic) that the girls stripes are in different orders - that's because I really took some a shortcut by making sure to use the existing hems of two differents t-shirts (the green on Izzie and and pink on Audrey). Makes a quick project even faster.

For fun ... a couple more pictures of my kids dodging the camera - awesome.




Finally - at the end, she was ready to sit for a picture, BUT she couldn't be bothered to smile!
sara sig Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...