Here's a shot of the back; I like the racerback style.
In this LBB pieced tunic, I repurposed:
- black / white stripe: stretchy shirt from Limited
- red: old tank from Ann Taylor Loft
- chopper tee: stole from husband
- aqua: very stretch GAP tee
Via the LBB flickr page, I discovered Meg from Fashioned by Meg, who also made pieced several pieced tunics. Hers turned out awesome - and she provided a link to an eBay shop to purchase Modal Spandex, which is the recommended fabric for this pattern. I've already ordered 3 yards ... and while I'm out of town this weekend on a very exciting kid-free trip to visit my favorite mama to be; I suspect I'll start on the next round of tunics promptly upon my return! :)
Here's my Tunic No. 2, I'm not as in love with this one - there's just a tad too much going on here: a little too patchworky for me in the end. In my head this was going to be all funky and cool, but I got a little carried away with all the fabrics! Oh well, it didn't stop me from wearing it to the park, and then on a slew of errands. :)
This tunic is repurposed from:
- "music saved my life" tee that I wore during both pregnancies - til the end (that's HUGE!)
- orange and brown - old white tees that I dyed a while back using Rit powder (the orange was in this dress)
- stripes - shirt from the girls' closet that was too small for them
- butterfly on yellow tee - a 3-6 month appliqued tee I made for Izzie when she was teeny tiny. I hand appliqued all of these tees & tanks back then, and cannot stand to get rid of them. So, they may be popping up in clothing from time to time!
- aqua - other sleeve from the stretchy GAP tee I used in Tunic No. 1