Friday, May 6, 2011

My New Electra Gigi Bicycle

I believe Shakespeare wrote in one of his famous love sonnets:

Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?
Thou art more lovely and totally saa-weeeet!!!!!!

My new pride and joy, the Electra Gigi 3i.
I may not be getting that quote exactly right, but it certainly sums up my feelings towards my new Electra bicycle.

Everyone is sick and tired of hearing me go on and on about this bicycle, but it’s been a long time since I’ve fallen in love so let me gush. Her full name is “Electra Gigi 3i” or “Gigi” for short. She is called Gigi because when you ride her, you are magically turned into Leslie Caron. That happens, for real.
1950s French actress Leslie Caron who played "Gigi" in the movie of the same name.
I wasn’t even in the market for a new bicycle. I just happened across a picture of Gigi on the internet and I knew she was the right bike for me. I have to say, I never believed in love at first sight until it happened.

The internet photo that won my heart.
She came with her own bell, for goodness sake! A bell! Also included, the rack, the chain guard, and all the nifty retro detailing. I decked her out with a basket, lights, and panniers. I think she’d look fine with a set of streamers, too, don’t you?

My last bike and I were together for over 20 years. We grew apart. He is a hybrid designed for high speed, off road adventures. I’m older now. Quiet rides through the neighborhood are more my style. It was time we made it official and went our separate ways. We’ll always have the memories.  My future is with Gigi.

Pin It

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd never tire of hearing you go on and on about Gigi

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...