Friday, June 10, 2011

My Funky Mobile

Do you ever make something then forget to blog about it? Happens to me all the time. Well, at least once... right now.

I was telling Sara that I had nothing to blog about, that I was a dry well of blogging material. As I was telling her this, I was staring at this mobile I have hanging in my kitchen. I made it a few weeks back. Well, duh! I could write about my mobile.

Some years back, I was in need of a lamp base for a project. I found one that had dangling glass tubes, about three-fourths of which were missing. It was perfect. I took it apart and was left with the spider-y looking thing that the tubes were hung from. I was compelled to save it. I just knew that I would find a use for it someday.

Do you recognize some of the pendants hanging from the mobile? They are the “Sarah” letters from our blog banner and first challenge! I used them plus a few other collaged pendants I made. Then, I added in some faceted beads. I love the faceted beads because they catch the light from the morning sun and cast colorful shadows all over the room.

I think this piece is funky, fun and a tad eccentric. In other words, it’s perfect for me and my home!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...