Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Preppy Apple Outfit


I've been making so many of these dresses lately, it's almost embarassing! Perhaps someday soon, I'll get around to taking pictures of them and posting :) You know what else? Making clothes = fabric shopping, and I've been doing a lot of it! Double :)

I recently discovered Girl Charlee as a GREAT resource for purchasing really cool knit fabrics, AND they are super affordable. Here in blogland, I kept hearing about "french terry knit" and was curious about it. Soon as I got to wondering about it, Girl Charlee listed this ridiculously cute apple fabric in a french terry - sold! This fabric just screams "back to school" to me, with all those cute apples. The apple core is a Heart on here, so I picked up this cute ribbed cotton trim to coordinate.

Beret Close-Up

The dress is made from Lil Blue Boo's Sienna Dress Pattern in a size 3 with a couple modifications: (1) changed pattern piece for neck trim into one piece about 75% of neck opening, and (2) added wide trim to arms and bottom, and (3) made this a "bubble" dress by making the trim piece smaller.

The hat is another Lil Blue Boo (free) pattern. This preppy outfit really needed a sassy hat to go with! I used some scraps for the hat and used the matching trim.



I am thrilled with how this dress turned out. Now, if the weather would just start feeling like fall, maybe she could actually wear it to school! However, it's still 100+ over here so it'll go back to the closet for a while!

You can see here it fits like a 'bubble' dress

Sisters!
Hope you like the submissions, please take a sec and vote for your fave :)

svs signature Pin It

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Time for bedtime spankings littles ones lift up your nighties pull down your panties low down on your tummies on your bed with your bare little hineys sticking up in the air ready for mommies belt.

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...