Friday, September 23, 2011

Upcycled Iowa Hawkeyes Dress aka "Go Awkeyes"


When it came time to box up, donate or otherwise get rid of "baby clothes" I had a really hard time getting rid of things. I mean my 'babies' were practically babies together at only 14 months apart, so I coped by keeping PLENTY. This particular onesie is one of the little treasures I just couldn't part with :) And, now I'm so glad I kept it.



I debated turning it into a doll outfit, but ultimately I decided to UPCYCLE it for the girls! It was so darn small (0-6 months) that I had to cut and patch it ... I'm pretty thrilled with the turnout. I've been on a fabric shopping spree lately and had this awesome black / yellow / white / grey number on hand. I like the overall turnout.

Pattern - Lil Blue Boo Sienna Dress (yes again) modified to have a flouncy skirt
Fabrics - Upcycled stuff & knit yardage

Result ... an enthusiastic cheerleader! This is the "Go Awkeyes!" dance ...




Close up of the patching

First attempt at reverse seams with the serger - I like it.

the flouncy skirt makes it fun!
Any NCSU fans out there? Well this little diddy is up next! And I SOOOO love the old strutting wolf on this tee -- sure beats the new logo! ;)


sara sig Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...