Monday, October 17, 2011

Casserole Carrier - A Present

My uncle had asked me last Thanksgiving if I would make him a casserole carrier (or "hot dish" carrier, as we Minnesotans might say).  His birthday finally rolled around so I went to work.
I found this tutorial at 2 Little Hooligans.  Great tute and easy to follow.  It fits a 9 x 13 casserole dish.  If you are interested in making one of these, I highly recommend it.

I don't own a 9 x 13 casserole dish so I had to use my cake pan for this picture.  You get the idea how it works.   One of the nice things about this carrier is that it's lined with Insul-Brite, not batting so there is an insulating factor to it.  That dish should arrive piping hot.

And how cute is this fabric?
It's an Alexander Henry fabric that I bought several years ago because I fell hard for it.  I loved the graphics because they looked like the illustrations in old cookbooks.  I had no idea what I would do with it when I bought it.  It was perfect for this project.  This is why it's necessary to have a stash; so you're ready to go when inspiration strikes!

Typical me, I didn't start this until the day of the party and I couldn't get it finished in time.  I had to give it to my uncle unfinished then take it home with me to finish up later.  I think my family just expects this of me I do it so often. 

At the birthday party, my mom suggested that she would find one of these useful.  Christmas?  Maybe, but I better get started now and not wait until Christmas Eve!

Happy Birthday, Uncle Ted! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...