Monday, December 5, 2011

Kid Christmas Craft - Pinecone Christmas Trees


Like so many of us, I get a lot of inspiration from good old Pinterest. Good thing I don't have the bookmark-it button at work, or else I may never get my work done! While rummaging around for Christmas ideas, I came across this cute idea. My kids have a thing for pinecones and our neighborhood park has plenty of them!



All you need to do this is:
  • Pinecones
  • Glue
  • Mini (teeny tiny, super cute) pom poms
    • Looking back at the one I pinned, I believe the pom poms I used are smaller than those pictured on pinterest.

One morning while I cooked breakfast, I set the girls up to make Pinecone Christmas Trees. Each girl {obviously} had their own bottle of glue - that's how we have to do things in this house at the moment. I think with a just turned 4 yo, and an about to be 3 yo it's the only choice. Sharing is not anyone's favorite thing.


Anyway ... they worked away and decorated the *tops* of their "trees" until they lost interest. I really really wanted to finish the trees for them, but managed to just let them be! These cute kid-made trees are currently our table's centerpiece. If I get around to it, I want to do this with the rest of the pinecones!  


sara sig Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...