Saturday, August 21, 2010

Once More into the Breach

This is the room I dubbed my "craf-a-teria" a while back.  As you can see, at present, it is more of a "crap-a-teria."  Here's the story.

A couple years ago, I decided I had outgrown my sewing room and needed more space.  I'm a single woman living in a three bedroom house and my sewing room, at the time, occupied one of the spare bedrooms.  There was really no reason not to use the really large master bedroom as the sewing room, and use one of the smaller bedrooms as my bedroom.  All I ever did in there was sleep, right?

Well, a year or so later, I find myself missing the master bedroom and it's attached bathroom.  So, I decide to move myself back into the master bedroom.  But how to deal with the need for a larger sewing room?  I had always had a bedroom for me, a sewing room and a guest room.  My solution?  Screw the guests!

Don't get me wrong, I love it when friends and family visit and they are always welcome.  However, I don't think I need to devote an entire room to them when it's only used about 20 days a year.  After all, I have two very comfy sofas and an aerobed.  So, my new plan was a sewing room, and an entire room devoted to storage of all my crafty stuff.  The latter is the room I dubbed the "craf-a-teria."

The long and the short of it is that I spent weeks moving stuff around and finally ran out of steam.  I left this mess, closed the door, and tried to forget about it.  I'm fairly certain it has multiplied since then.  I'm fearful that it has the ability to become a living, breathing entity with the ability to reason if I leave it much longer.

Today, I face this demon.  I'm armed with plenty of diet Coke and a steely determination.  I'm going in.  If you don't hear from me by midnight, send help. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...