Sunday, January 9, 2011

Valentine's Day Craft - From Last Year

Sorority T-Shirt Recycled Dress
Pattern: Lil Blue Boo's Recycled T-Shirt Sienna Dress

This dress was actually one of my very first sewing projects on my own. I made this for my oldest last Valentine's Day. For an unknown reason, I have been saving my sorority t-shirts for a very long time (over 10 years now). When I saw this pattern, I had an a-ha moment and instantly found a great use for those old tee shirts! This dress is made from one very old, very cheesy, pink sorority t-shirt ... and an old red knit from the Gap.


Yep, that's her model pose. And, yep that shirt actually says "it only takes one shot." And, yep, I wore that. Proudly. Wow. 

Anyway ... I also made some cutesy hair barrettes to go with.

Rose Barrette in Pink & Red Felt




close-up

Now, I've got to go dig this dress out and see if it'll fit my little one this Valentine's Day! 
 
sara sig
Pin It

1 comment:

Sara vs. Sarah said...

I remember how proud you were that you did it all on your own. This was the project that gave you the sewing bug.

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...