Friday, March 18, 2011

Scrapbuster No. 20: Scappy Owls


I had the best of intentions for making these little scrapbusting owls for gifts, but it seems other little hands have staked their claim on them! One pair of hands insists on taking her "baby toy" with her; she has also started asking for a paci and saying "wah wah look I a baby." Charming, huh!? (She is 3.5).

This is a great scrapbusting project - the owls are actually pretty small. I used felt scraps for the eyes & beak. The owls are stuffed with scrap batting and plastic that would otherwise have gone into the trash.

I used the Rubber Punkin's tutorial with pattern pieces found here. Easy to follow and awesome to print out the pieces as a pdf. Jill of Handmade by Jill posted about how she made these scrappy owls but inserted plastic inside her owls (so they crinkle lots) ... and I did that too; even I kind of want to play with them!

These two owls are spoken for - it's back to the sewing table for some giftable owls!
sara sig Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...